Homestead & Farmstay
Grazing & Aquaculture
Drought Proof - Dams & Water Allocation
Privacy is assured at this picturesque secluded Homestead & Farmstay/Backpackers Accomodation. Boasting Gregory River frontage and still retaining native bushland & forest - the property offers diverse farming enterprises and grazing on over 80 acres of prime agricultural land. The Homestead & Backpackers Farmstay and Cabins are all overlooking the lush dam/lake which is picture perfect, and would be the ideal location for special events, concerts, weddings, corporate weekends..the list is endless. Or even a tree-change for an extended family.
Only 10 minutes to the historic township of Childers and its friendly country community, and approx. 25 minutes to Bundaberg and all amenities including hospitals, shopping centres, QC University and domestic airport.
Homestead residence consists of 4 Bedrooms, 2 Bathrooms, massive Living areas and a gourmet Kitchen and Dining. These tiled spaces then spill out onto the huge verandas with incredible views of the main dam which is your own private lake. Beautiful, grassed areas surround the property would make fantastic entertaining areas. Also here is an amazing high set cubby house for the kids of any age to call their own. And the property has solar!
• Approx 80 acres
• 2 x dams - one dam approx. 7 acres in size with excellent catchment holding over 100 megalitres (approx) - second dam is a smaller spring fed dam.
• 8 megalitre surface water allocation
• Orchard consists of over 100 different varieties of fruit trees including natives
• Permacultured landscaped gardens surround the property
• 5 Aquaculture ponds that can easily be reinstated for redclaw etc. The property has a freshwater aquaculture licence.
• Large cleared paddocks as well as natural vegetation backing onto Gregory River
• Presently being operated as a successful Backpackers working hostel with room for expansion both business and property
• 3 powered van/camp sites with underground power for future expansion
• Main cabin has three rooms and internal shower and toilet, plus wide full length veranda.
• Cabin Two two double beds both with single upper bunks with a covered deck overlooking the lake. Separate wheelchair accessible large single shower toilet building.
• Large closed in open planned camp kitchen and dining with multiple fridges and food storage space.
• There is a large elevated timber Sun Deck or Stage.
• Rustic style log cabin with two rooms below and a loft/room. Great art and games room with a pool table, table tennis and a separate room with gym. etc.
• Buildings are connected by a series of cobblestone style paved pathways.
• Large Firepit with BBQ plate & camp oven
• 12m Container converted to shed with single phase power
• Tool & Maintenance equipment shed
Other equipment included with negotiation is the Food Van, Mobile Cold Room & Tractor with spray tank & slasher.
This property - with all it has to offer, has the potential for the astute buyer to develop it into something really special. There is literally so much to offer here that you do need to inspect to fully appreciate this property.
Call Exclusive Agent Peter today on 0438 446 269 or Maree on 0438 446 211
Access your PRD account and all that it contains
Create a FREE account with PRD to access our archive of research both Australia-wide and in your suburb.
Get the latest reports right to your inbox
Access our full research hub library
Be the first to access market trend analysis
Get the National Property Report and full access to our research content!
Thankyou for signing up, here is your link to download the latest national property report: Green Guide