Property Management Services
No one knows your investment property better than you... Learning more about your property is an important part of our appraisal process because an in-depth knowledge allows us to effectively communicate with potential tenants to increase the interest in your property.
Maximise your Rental Return - Increase Your Investment Income
- Choose an agent who is going to accurately appraise your rental property to reduce vacancy periods, high tenancy turnovers and lost rental income
- Choose an agent who understands the importance of property presentation to attract a quality tenant, which can reduce wear and tear and rent arrears
- Choose an agent who understands the importance of timely rental payments and will do whatever it takes to ensure that you do receive your rent on time
- Choose an agent who will promptly negotiate tenancy renewals to reduce vacancy periods and lost rental income
- Choose an agent who will regularly increase the weekly rent to ensure that you are maximising your income
- Choose an agent who will focus on preventative maintenance to reduce extensive and expensive repairs being carried out
- Choose an agent who knows the law and how to apply it. Failure to comply with notice periods can result in a substantial loss of rental income
- Choose an agent that is focused on increasing your investment income
On the one hand you have our on-the-ground property managers with extensive local knowledge. On the other you have our research analysts, whose job it is to understand the market inside out – where it’s coming from, where it’s moving to, and, most importantly, where your property sits in the mix. We can help you understand rental price structures, the role of rate fluctuations in the market and the potential tax depreciation on your investment property.
We will craft a campaign that resonates more effectively with your preferred tenants. The marketing tools that we can tap into include:
- Rental proposition development
- Professional photography and copywriting
- Online listings on key real estate portals
- Targeted direct marketing and print advertising
- Social media
Selecting a tenant
PRDnationwide property managers are confident in connecting the right tenant with your property. Meticulous preparation of tailored marketing campaigns, advice on presenting your property and open communication lines keep landlords informed during the rental process. Being part of a franchise network ensures that PRDnationwide’s property management teams have the unwavering support of an efficient and well-resourced brand that is committed to ensuring landlords receive the best service available.
Applicants are fully screened with references checked including work references, previous tenancy and personal references. Once this has been completed you are contacted and given details of the applicants available. You confirm final approval based on information supplied.
Your property will be handled by a PRDnationwide office that has local knowledge and skilled professionals on staff who are eager to assist you with all management services. At the beginning of each tenancy a Property Condition Report is completed to ensure a thorough record of the details of your property is on file. The tenant is given the opportunity to make comments on the report. This is followed up by periodic inspections, with a report forwarded to you on each occasion. These inspections help to mitigate any future risk by providing the tenant with the opportunity to highlight any areas of maintenance that may require attention. It also allows the property manager to check on the condition in which the property is being maintained.
If you feel unsure about the management services we provide at any time, you are encouraged to ask questions so you can be confident that you are dealing with a property manager who has the expertise and experience to manage your property the smarter way.
RENT ARREARS – What if… the tenants fall into arrears?
In today’s harsh economic climate more and more tenants are not paying their rent, even after passing the most careful tenant selection.
Every precaution is taken to minimise tenants falling behind in their rent by carrying out daily checks on all Tenancy Agreements to ensure rents are kept up to date.
We have harsh standard rent arrears letters and procedures in place, should a tenant fall behind in their rent. In accordance with the law, our office will also issue the appropriate notices when due.
Our systems allow us to send SMS messaging to tenant’s mobiles advising of rental arrears from 4 days – these messages are recorded in the tenant’s computerised file – an invaluable tool should evidence be required in a Court of Law.
NB.: Our tenancy arrears are minimised by our strict tenant-selection criteria.