There is a number of things you can do when you want to rent a house or apartment to make sure you get the best returns. The following list can guide you through the process.
- Keep it Clean – Have the property clean, tidy and free from clutter during inspection times.
- Image – Tidy the gardens, mow the lawns and clean the windows paths, gutters, and exterior paintwork. These are all things prospective tenants see first from the street.
- Fix it – If it’s broken then fix it. Repair or replace leaking taps, sticking doors, broken light fittings, loose door handles, rotten floorboards and leaky gutters.
- Quick Lick – Only paint areas that really need it unless you plan on doing the lot. New paint may only make those areas left unpainted look scruffy. Use light, neutral colours, as strong colours may not be to the tenant’s taste and clash with their furniture.
- Sniff Test – If you can smell it, your tenant certainly will. Check for any lingering odours you may not have noticed, such as cigarette or pet smells. It may be worth having the carpets and curtains professionally cleaned.
- Sparks – Ensure that all electrical wiring and power points are in good condition and safe. This includes any electrical appliances to be included with the property.
- Pool Check – If your property has a pool, make sure the pool and the surrounds have been cleaned, you want prospective tenants to think of it as an asset, not a burden. All locks are fitted and keys are available for each lock. All pools and spa pools must comply with current legislation and a pool safety certificate is to be supplied upon request.
- Keys – Two full set of keys have been organised – one for our company and one for the tenant.
- Does it Work? – All appliances, lights and electrical fittings are all in good working order.
- Rips and Tears – Curtains, blinds, nets and fly screens are clean and in good condition.
- Deck Check – All decks and balconies comply with current legislation.
- Moss, Mould & Mildew – Decks, paths and all other surfaces should be clean and free of moss, mould and mildew.
- Rates and Water Rates notice – ensure the postal address recorded at your local and regional councils is either our company address or your address (not the address of the property).
- Warranties & Guarantees – Copies of all applicable warranties have been given to our company for file.
- Manuals – A copy of instruction manuals for appliances have been left for tenant’s reference (NOT ORIGINALS).
Contact Jacqualine Parker
07 4946 2017