Mackay Whitsunday region received $18.1m in the Queensland budget
- Published on: Jun 22, 2021
The Mackay Whitsunday region has received a total of $18.1m in the Queensland budget 2021 to expand and improve social housing in the coming financial year. The tourism sector also received funding for various projects. The following are some of what to expect for the year 2021-2022:
* Additional $5m for the 7.9m project to improve and create new buildings at Mackay Northern Beaches State High School
* $4.5m Ngaro walking trail upgrade at Whitsunday Islands National Park $600,000 boosts towards a $2m Lake Proserpine Barramundi fishing and recreation precinct.
* $4m for the Bowen Hospital upgrade
* $1.2m for the Proserpine Hospital upgrade
* $1.9m for a new Aquaculture Training Centre Cannonvale TAFE
* $3.1m for an Agricultural Centre of Excellence in Bowen.