Relax and enjoy the best of both worlds in this beautiful custom-built home set on 4.8 fertile acres just seven minutes' drive from the stunning beaches of Port Stephens.
Constructed in 2006 by a local master builder this unique home has been designed with modern country living in mind. Featuring a perfect north-easterly orientation, wide verandahs and high ceilings, this home is a harmonious marriage of beach and bush.
With five generous bedrooms (master with spacious walk-through robe and ensuite), huge family bathroom, mudroom', large mezzanine loft, multiple entertaining areas and swimming pool, there is more than enough room for family and friends to revel or relax in this rural idyll.
At the heart of this unique home is a spectacular open-plan kitchen/living/dining space - complete with wood-burning fireplace and reverse-cycle air conditioner - set underneath a soaring cathedral ceiling.
Greenfields', as the property is aptly known, features well-established pastures on unique peaty soil. The high water table ensures drought-proof paddocks, with some slightly elevated paddock areas. The house is set on elevated land at the back of the property 350m from Nelson Bay Road for total privacy.
Currently established for horses, the property includes: electric fencing with six paddocks; water; separate grass on sand arena (approx. 30m x 50m)for all-weather riding; ; a large three-bay north-facing three-sided shed; a tie-up area adjacent to shed for feed/tack; and a skillion roof enclosed area for a three-horse float.
Seven minutes to the beach, just 15 minutes away from Newcastle (international) Airport, and only 40 minutes to the revitalised city of Newcastle, Greenfields' has something for everyone.
This unique beach and bush hideaway features:
• Five bedrooms (master with walk-through wardrobe to ensuite)
• Stunning open plan living/kitchen/dining and study area, with convection fireplace, air-conditioning and cathedral ceiling
• Large, light-filled mezzanine loft with 4 x 3.6m dorma windows
• Two big bathrooms (ensuite with bath)
• Two separate toilets (each plumbed with rain or bore water)
• Ironing room and laundry / mudroom
• Three-metre wide covered timber verandah (eastern/northern side)
• Fully tiled inside except for cork floor in kitchen area
• Solar hot water for house, instant electric hot water in kitchen
• Electric oven, gas hotplate in kitchen with two outdoor BBQ connectors
• Passive solar design to reduce energy consumption
• Internal overdoor windows in the bedrooms to enhance ventilation
• Ceiling fans throughout and capacity to isolate sections of the house
• External six-metre square entertainment room (fully lined and finished)
• 9.4m Compass ceramic pool with in-ground cleaning system
• Outside entertaining area adjoining pool and entertainment room
• Security system
• Separate Allgal single garage and covered car port
• Separate McFadden farm shed with two roller doors and one swing door (five-car capacity) with attached undercover stable/three-sided shelter (could convert to vehicle storage) and undercover three-sided/enclosed area large enough for a three-horse float
• Fertile, peaty, drought-proof pasture
• Extensive planting with natives and fruit trees including mandarin, orange, custard apple, macadamia, mulberry, lime, lemon, plum and fig
• House built on piers with crawl room
• Power and phone from Nelson Bay Road, underground to house and front shed
• Two bore pumps, one at front shed and one at house
• Electric fencing divides property into six useable paddocks
• Internal unsealed elevated roadway
• Rainwater storage: 30,000 litre concrete; 10,000 plastic; and 5,000 galvanised water tanks
Contact Bruce Gair 0414 445 144 or Alex Haxton 0418 885 262 today to receive a free information package including building & pest reports, floor plans and contract for sale.
Whilst all care has been taken preparing this advertisement and the information contained herein has been obtained from sources we believe to be reliable, PRDnationwide does not warrant, represent or guarantee the accuracy, adequacy, or completeness of the information. PRDnationwide accepts no liability for any loss or damage (whether caused by negligence or not) resulting from reliance on this information, and potential purchasers should make their own investigations before purchasing.
Access your PRD account and all that it contains
Create a FREE account with PRD to access our archive of research both Australia-wide and in your suburb.
Get the latest reports right to your inbox
Access our full research hub library
Be the first to access market trend analysis
Get the National Property Report and full access to our research content!
Thankyou for signing up, here is your link to download the latest national property report: Green Guide