When the inspection day arrives, there are a few last minute touches that can add atmosphere and increase interest in your property.
- People often use fresh flowers, brewed coffee and baked bread to generate interest and emotion in prospective buyers. Be sure to utilise these tools if you feel that adding such finishing touches will add value at your open inspection.
- Arrange for pets such as cats and dogs to be off-site on inspection days. Potential buyers could be allergic or more often frightened of the family pet lazing in the back yard.
- Last minute tasks like storing toys, tidying bedrooms, clearing dishes and removing washing from the clothesline creates space and the sense of cleanliness.
- Your PRDnationwide agent will arrive before the inspection to collect keys and have a final once-over of your property before showing buyers through. It’s best for you to leave during inspection time — buyers might be put off knowing the owner is nearby. Take the time to go for a walk or enjoy a coffee in celebration of your hard work.
- When you return, your PRDnationwide agent will provide an overview of how many groups attended your inspection, and which parties expressed a keen interest in your property. The negotiation process will begin when interested parties make an offer, and all your efforts in preparing your property for sale will come to fruition.
Request an Appraisal
We can conduct a free, no obligation appraisal of your property and provide you with sound advice on where your property sits in the market.