Choosing a Property Manager
‘Property Manager’ is a title given to someone who is focused on managing your asset, not just the property. Asset management has become a serious business and it is no longer as easy as selecting the real estate agency with the cheapest fees.
So how do you choose a Property Manager? When selecting a Property Manager in Lismore, Goonellabah, Ballina, Lennox Head, Alstonville, Kyogle, Casino or anywhere in the Northern Rivers, you need to choose someone who knows the law and is confident in applying the law. You need someone who will pay attention to the finer details and continually strives to maximise the return on your investment.
Education, ongoing training programs and seminars are also important for a Property Manager to keep abreast of changing legislation and market conditions. Property Management is no longer just collecting the rent; it's a comprehensive management service where you need a professionally trained Property Manager. Our Property Management team is experienced in all areas of property management and our ongoing training ensures that you are receiving the very best service available.
Questions to ask when considering a Property Manager in the Northern Rivers:
- Can they present you with testimonial letters from current and previous clients?
- How often do they carry out routine inspections?
- Do they have two people attend routine inspections at the same time to ensure employee safety and quality assurance?
- What procedural systems do they have in place?
- Do they attend regular training courses to keep abreast of legislation and industry changes?
- What formal training have they undertaken?
- What is their policy on managing arrears?
- How often do they carry out fair market rent reviews?
- How will they maximise your return and optimise capital growth?
Beware of cheap fees! If an agency is offering a discounted fee, you can be sure they will also be offering a discounted service. If they discount on fees, they may easily discount on the rent when negotiating with tenants.