Sold for $3,500,000
YOUR OWN SLICE OF HISTORY
"EELAH" Homestead Circa 1835
HUNTER RIVER FRONTAGE - EXCELLENT GRAZING COUNTRY
A secluded and lush property of 69 verdant acres with breathtaking rural views and bordered by the Hunter River, part of an original 1826 Land Grant given by Governor Lachlan Macquarie to Mr Timothy Nowlan, then head of the Irish woollen mills in Dublin, to pursue the establishment of Merino sheep in Australia.
The charming Georgian Homestead now gracefully restored with a sympathetic addition capturing the essence of colonial charm and modern contemporary sophistication in an idyllic setting, so close to town (Maitland) and less than 2 hours to Sydney.
Further improvements of a large rustic barn (rebuilt internally and suitable for large functions)
with a fabulous 2 bedroom barn apartment which has been used for Air BnB,
A sparkling inground pool, designed to compliment the existing home
Machinery store rooms,
25 meg irrigation license from the river , several dams, river flat paddocks, 40 Bales per acre
An original, restored old dairy, holding yards and loading race,
The land has been pasture improved over the years and is capable of holding 60 head of cows and calfs
Underground water is spread throughout the property, with good cattle fencing.
This amazing and unique property reflects and provides the ultimate Hunter Valley country lifestyle.
Vendors preparing for relocation and genuinely offer this stunning property to the marketplace.
Features of the Property:
• 6 dams
• 50 mm main from river to big dams east and west side of house to replenish water from river
• Unlimited access to river water for stock and domestic use
• 40 mm underground reticulation from main dams to 5 troughs
• 40 mm underground reticulation to dairy and both sides of house
• Hi-capacity electric pumps on each dam
• New 4inch irrigation main from river pump site to cultivation
• 24 ml irrigation licence
• 140,000 gallons rainwater storage - no top-up required in drought
• Three phase Ausgrid feed to property
• 15kW three phase solar system with remote monitoring
• Grid isolation system so whole property can be powered by generator in blackout
• Hi-speed 4G wireless installed to house and barn
House renovations - in last three/four years
• Re-roofed and new insulation to main house
• Re-piered under house and replaced aged/damaged timbers
• New laundry/bathroom, Electronic Shutters
• Fully painted outside
• Kitchen/living, hallway and formal lounge freshly painted
• New kitchen doors
• Apartment kitchen and bathroom totally renewed
• Driveway re-bitumened (500 metres)
• Dairy re-roofed
• Cattle/horse yards rebuilt
• New four bay free-standing carport to end of barn.
Whilst all care has been taken preparing this advertisement and the information contained herein has been obtained from sources, we believe to be reliable, PRDnationwide Hunter Valley does not warrant, represent or guarantee the accuracy, adequacy, or completeness of the information. PRDnationwide Hunter Valley accepts no liability for any loss or damage (whether caused by negligence or not) resulting from reliance on this information, and potential purchasers should make their own investigations before purchasing.
About maitland vale
median house price1040000
median house rent490
suburb rental yield2.5%
Source: Suburb Flyover Report Series, APM Pricefinder. PRD does not give any warranty in relation to the accuracy of the information contained in this report. If you intend to rely upon the information contained herein, you must take note that the Information, figures and projections have been provided by various sources and have not been verified by us. We have no belief one way or the other in relation to the accuracy of such information, figures and projections. PRD will not be liable for any loss or damage resulting from any statement, figure, calculation or any other information that you rely upon that is contained in the material. Prepared by PRD Research © All medians and volumes are calculated by PRD Research. Use with written permission only. All other responsibilities disclaimed.