Rent Arrears Policy
Below is an example of the PRD Whitsunday rent arrears policy, which all tenants with PRD Whitsunday Property Management must sign when they rent a property. Under the Residential Tenancies Act, tenants are required to pay their rent by the date noted on the schedule in the tenancy agreement and tenants are encouraged to always pay in advance. If tenants have any difficulties in paying rent, they should notify PRD Whitsunday as soon as possible. However, a strict policy on the payment and collection of rent and water invoices will apply and tenants will receive a number and variety of reminders that should not be ignored.
The reminder notices are listed below:
- Day 2 Phone call from Property Manager
- Day 3 Text message and/or email to confirm resolve offered on day 2
- Day 4 Phone Call from Property Manager
- Day 5 Email/Text
- Day 6 Text message/email
- Day 7 Phone call
- Day 8 RTA Form 11 – Notice to Remedy Breach
- Day 9 -13 Text Messages / Phone Calls from Property Manager
- Day 14 House visit / abandonment? (insurance requirement)
There is no deviation from this schedule and it is the strict policy of PRD Whitsunday that all employees adhere to it. This policy is signed by all tenants named on the tenancy agreement.